Our seventh annual celebration of BC youth spoken word returns to the Vancouver Public Library’s Central Branch from April 20th to 22nd. Spaces are now available for school or community teams that wish to join in the festivities! Teams consist of 3 to 6 poets aged 13 to 18, all of whom must perform solo once during the Hullabaloo preliminary bouts on April 21st and 22nd. Registration is first come, first served. Registration is FULL, but you may still register to get added to the waitlist. You can also purchase tickets for our All Star Slam on Friday, April 21st.
Registration can be done in two easy steps:
- Contact Hullabaloo co-director Johnny MacRae at firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of your school, and a contact name and phone number to reserve a spot.
- Mail payment of $200 to “Vancouver Poetry House” at #210 111 W Hastings St, Vancouver, BC V6B 1H4. If you need an invoice to pay registration, Johnny can do that for you!
What does registration get you and your team? Great question! Your $200 registration fee gets you:
- Entry for your team into the Hullabaloo team poetry slam tournament.
- Eligibility to enter a representative into the Underground Indies.
- A two-hour workshop for your team with a member of the WordPlay Poets roster.
- Free entry into the All Star Slam.
- First choice of Adventures in Poetryland workshops.
- Festival passes that are good for entry into (almost) all Verses Festival of Words events, including the Canadian Individual Poetry Slam!
- SWEET T-SHIRTS AND A PIZZA PARTY!!
So don’t wait! Contact Johnny today to register your team for Hullabaloo 2017!